Monday, October 1, 2007

blogs by women

The blog that i chose to follow during the semester is called "the lost girls". This blog is written by three friends from New York, who quit their jobs to just travel the world for a year. They started in South America, made their way to Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia.
I just this blog out of pure envy. I think that it is great that they had the drive and ambition and were fearless enough to just stop their lives while they were young to just go out there and really live it. I think that it is also cool that they did it together as friends. It would be my dream to just stop my life and go out there and backpack the world, to see everything and experience all the great things. These girls took surfing lessons in Australia, learned Capoeira in Brasil, hiked through Peru. After a trip like this you can say that you really did live, and experienced what the world had to offer. They also didnt only pass by these different places, they made sure to live as much of the culture as possible while doing it and that is the ultimate learning experience.
The most interesting thing that i find about this is that they make this seem so possible. They said that none of them are "trust fund babies". They just decided that this is what they were going to do and followed through with it, saved up money and went. I find this really inspirational because who knows, maybe they will get me to do the same and live out what I can only fantasize about. Another really interesting thing is that on their blog it says that they won an award for "best group written travel blog". Which means that there are people who monitor this stuff and give awards out for it? This is all new to me.

1 comment:

caroline said...

What a cool blog! This sounds like a really interesting site to check in with. And I can't believe that none of them are independently wealthy! Good for them. They had a dream and went for it.